Today there are so many apps out there that it can be pretty overwhelming sometimes. The thing is, there is so much that you can get from them, just do a little research! Whether it’s finance, games, lifestyle, entertainment, or social, you can find an app for pretty much anything (you can even create your own, but that’s a whole new blog post!).
According to Apple, there are currently over 500,000 apps available for their products. Chances are they have just the app you are looking for.
Below are some of the best rated apps according to TIME:
- Find My iPhone– if you lose your phone you now have a better chance of finding it. Whew!
- ShopSavvy– Perfect for finding the best deal! Scan the barcode and see if there is a better price somewhere else.
- GasBuddy- Bless the person who created this app! With gas prices out of the roof these day, you can give this app your location and it will let you know where the best gas prices are around you. Now that’s a real friend.
- MapQuest 5 Mobile– I use a different GPS app, but where would we be without it? Back in the day, if you printed out directions and got turned around it required stopping strangers and walking into stores to get some help. Now you have a nice little app to reroute you and even give you things like restaurant suggestions and gas stations around your location.
- Shazam– It’s a great feeling to hear a song on the radio that you love. Now you want to go home and download it. The problem is you don’t know the name or artist so now what? Thanks to Shazam, all you have to do is press a button and the app gives you the name of the song and artist. Problem solved!
- iMapMyRUN+– Ready to get out of the gym and hit the streets? Maybe you want to walk a mile or maybe you’re looking for a five mile run but don’t know just how to gauge the distance. With this helpful little app, you can map your distance, speed, and pause it if you are stopped at a traffic light. This is the perfect tool to help you reach your goal.
- Foursquare– This is a great app to let your friends know where you are and many times get great discounts.
- Instagram– This is one of my new favorites! You can share your photos with all kinds of neat filters to make your snapshot unique.
The list goes on and on, but these are just a few that you might want to check out. Today, a phone is so much more than calling people and sending text messages. Apps put the world at your fingertips… literally.
Thanks for reading!